Monday, October 19, 2009

I am having AVG Antivirus 7.5.0.484 Free Edition. Whenever I scan my PC, with AVG they show three fi

I am having AVG Antivirus 7.5.0.484 Free Edition. Whenever I scan my PC, with AVG they show three files in the 鈥淔ile鈥?column, 鈥渒ernel32.dll鈥? 鈥渟hell32.dll鈥?and 鈥渘toskml.exe鈥? And in the 鈥淩esult/Infection鈥?column it is written 鈥渃hange鈥?



I have been seeing this from the time I installed AVG and this was never corrected.



I have been updating AVG everyday.



These files are present in the 鈥淐:\Windows\System32鈥?folder.



And I don鈥檛 know how to get rid of it.



I am having AVG Antivirus 7.5.0.484 Free Edition. Whenever I scan my PC, with AVG they show three files....?nortonantivirus



Anything kernel or shell32 related will indicate a windows problem and those are system files and no antivirus will be able to fix, quarantine or remove them. I doubt that AVG is wrong, but to be on the safe side...I would download another free a/v and scan the pc again and see if it says the same thing. If it does, reinstall windows asap as those files you mentioned are system files that control windows.



I am having AVG Antivirus 7.5.0.484 Free Edition. Whenever I scan my PC, with AVG they show three files....?spyware



Unfortunately you will never get rid of it, unless you stop updating Windows. These files are modified each time you run Windows Update. Because they are modified, they "change" hence AVG detecting that they changed since the last time AVG scanned the files. If you do not update Windows and still get this result from AVG, then you may have a virus infection on your machine, modifying these crucial system files.

No comments:

Post a Comment