Thursday, October 8, 2009

Should I use 2 antivirus programs for 2 OS on my partitioned computer?

I recently made a partition in order to have both vista and XP 64,



but the XP always tells me it is at risk because it can not find an antivirus installed. Nonetheless, my norton is working on vista and everything is fine in that OS. Should I get another Norton and install it on XP too? Please your help!



Should I use 2 antivirus programs for 2 OS on my partitioned computer?suzuki



If you switch between your two OS frequently then you must install antivirus software in both two of your OS,



You can just simply install norton on your xp machine, if you have the install cd, if not you can try the following free antivirus, AVG or Antivir



AVG



http://free.grisoft.com/



Antivir



http://www.free-av.com/



Antivir doesn't have a nice gui, but its detection rate for a free AV is very good, i use it on low specs machine which doesn't have much memory and slow CPUs



Should I use 2 antivirus programs for 2 OS on my partitioned computer?virus



yes.. put an anti-virus on both... better be safe than get a virus
No, that should not be necessary and is actually unadvisable and not recommended. Your one anti-virus is the antivirus for the machine and not just for either one of multiple operating systems. Your one anti-virus protects the whole machine and however many operating systems and programs you have on it. XP may be telling you that it is not recognizing your AV but that is probably because when you installed Norton it automatically disables the AV that comes with Windows XP which is the standard recommended practice as having 2 AVs on one machine is not advised as that creates conflicts between the operation of each. Best to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment