Thursday, October 8, 2009

I got a XP antivirus pop up on my mac...it downloaded itself!?!?

i removed it from my computer would that do the trick it is a EXE file...



i got virus barrier....and i deleted it from my disk...it was five of them.



my computer says its good now. Is that all i need to do??



This weird XP Antivirus just popped up and went to my computer...but it wont run cuz i have a mac. so i am guessing this is not my fault.



i even looked at this video same thing happened to him



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-udzS_Tx...



so If i deleted from my DISK? will it be gone forever?



I got a XP antivirus pop up on my mac...it downloaded itself!?!?stinger



yeah I get those every once in a while too



An .exe file can't run natively in OS X, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about



If you deleted the exe file, then that's all you have to do



I got a XP antivirus pop up on my mac...it downloaded itself!?!?virus scanner



The good thing is that you have a MAC and it will not harm your computer. Try looking for it in the search finder. Type .exe and files should pop up and it will just be that file because MAC does not use .exe files. At this moment you do not need to waste your money on a virus scanner and if you are running as a limited user the MAC would ask you for a password before you can install a program, that should help you in preventing malicious programs from installing on your computer. Most of the viruses out there are focused on Windows machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment