Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why does my computer run slow when The Shield Antivirus 2006 is running?

I decided to let go of my Norton Internet Security package because it took so long for my computer to start up and because it was generally slow with this memory hog running. I chose The Shield Antivirus 2006 (PCSecurityShield) specifically because it comes out on top of reviewers choice and because their customers love that it's so light on memory. It's installed in two parts: the firewall and the antivirus. With just the firewall running my computer is lightning fast even on the internet. But, once the antivirus is loaded it is as slow as a snail. Their tech support is working on a solution but I'm not hopeful they will be helpful. I don't want want to run my computer with only the firewall. Has anyone else experienced this? I'll tell you this: (1) msconfig startup is running a minimum number of files, (2) a scan turned up no viruses and no spyware, and (3) I'd rather resolve the issue with the current software than blindly get another. Please provide recommendations!



Why does my computer run slow when The Shield Antivirus 2006 is running?ducati



Dont know if this is going to help you,but it is a well known fact that once you uninstall Norton,it leaves a lot of junk behind.I ve experienced this myself and it took me a long time to clear it all.But once cleared from the registry,my laptop was faster.You ought to try doing the same,try this websitehttp://safety.live.com/site/en-US

No comments:

Post a Comment