Thursday, October 22, 2009

New virus? won't let me load antivirus software. HELP!!?

I just got my friend onto the internet but she appears to have a virus on her computer (it may be something else but if it is a virus it's a good one!) I decided that I'd better get her some virus protection, searched AVG and Internet Explorer closed, searched antivirus software and it closed again, tried searching virus, anti* etc. but eveytime it closed, finally managed to get on the site by searching AGV download but guess what???



Sooo, I went on to my computer and downloaded the file to load AVG on to her computer, transferred it with a chip reader and tried to open the file, absolutely nothing happens whichever way I try (run, open from explorer, add/remove programs)



What I really need to know, is it a virus? if so how do I get rid of it, I have only tried loading AVG so maybe it is specific to that program are there any other good free antivirus software (or even a trial version but one that removes viruss and doesn't just search for them)



Any help would be appreciated.



New virus? won't let me load antivirus software. HELP!!?vincent



If you have already done a virus scan I suggest doing a spyware scan.



Download and run this free program:



http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Spy...



Good luck :-)



New virus? won't let me load antivirus software. HELP!!?adware remover

No comments:

Post a Comment