Thursday, October 22, 2009

Can the "slow" Norton antivirus of Yahoo Mail plus be disabled?

I already pay subscription to McAfee for a top of the line antivirus.



When I'm sending attachments through my yahoo webmail norton scans every single attachment and of course norton is one of the slowest antiviruses there is (it slows down PCs upto by 25%). So it takes for ever to scan each file and when i'm sending several attachments (pictures or whatever to friends and family) it takes a long time while just scanning the attachments.



Can the "slow" Norton antivirus of Yahoo Mail plus be disabled?adware



I downloaded the 鈥渦pgrade鈥?Dec 15 and had all kinds of problems with it. I finally contacted AT%26T Yahoo on Dec 18. They have suspended all further downloads of the Norton product to try and fix the bugs. I was told to go to Windows http://onecare.live.com and sign up for the 90 day free trial while AT%26T Yahoo try to resolve their problems.



I uninstalled the entire AT%26T Yahoo protection suite, but it left a few bits behind. Then I installed One Care and everything now works fine.



When and if AT %26T Yahoo announce they have 鈥渇ixed鈥?the upgrade, I think I will pass on it if it is still a Norton product. Even before this problem, I had tried Norton鈥檚 anti-virus and found it to be terrible鈥攁 resource hog that interferes with normal usage of your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment