Sunday, September 20, 2009

Norton Antivirus came free with my computer, I don't like Norton. Is Avast an anti-spyware and

Yes but it concentrates on viruses.



No protection is 100% by itself. Avast would be great, but I would still periodically scan with AdAware and SpyBOT. They are both free and will find things like tracking cookies that Avast won't. Avast has a real-time component that keeps the really nasty stuff off. Neither of the other two do, you have to scan by hand. But I would recommend the same with any AV including Norton.



I am not a big Norton fan myself. It uses way too many system resources.



Norton Antivirus came free with my computer, I don't like Norton. Is Avast an anti-spyware and an antivirus?free spyware remobal



Please visit the following website for all good free security programs:



http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showflat...



Norton Antivirus came free with my computer, I don't like Norton. Is Avast an anti-spyware and an antivirus?kawasaki



what's wrong with norton? i use norton internet security and have had no problems! plus it's cheaper than mcafee and has everything u need on 1 disk! these free protection packages are nonsense. downloading these sites? do u really trust the source from which it came from? i mean u can get trojan horses and worms and hackers etc.................. these sites could contain hidden things like these and you probably wouldn't know! you can scan for virus's etc, but it'll come up as clean of course, unless they want money from u, then you'll have loads of infected files, spyware etc. i've tried these free sites and they do not offer full protection without spending money. it's your choice of course, but when my norton security is due for renewal i will buy a disk from pc world or a pc store rather than trust the content of the internet. suit yourself!
I dont like nortons either but mcafee is just as bad....I would get pc cillin..I heard very good reviews on them. Thats what I am switching to when my time with the one I am currently with expires.
Avast, like Norton Antivirus is just a virus scanner. Other option for Virus scanner would be AVG. You will need to download anti-spyware products to protect yourself that way.



First link = AVG free virus scanner



Second link = Spybot (spyware remover)



Third link = Adaware SE personal (spyware remover)



Fourth link = Ewido (spyware remover)



Never rely on just one spyware remover.
no it is just a anti-virus.
No Avast is antivirus but you can safely use it with antispyware products. I suggest something like Spybot and Adaware Personal , both free
WELL THEN GET MACAFE IT IS SOO MUCH BETTER



I DONT LIKE NORTON EITHER SO I SWITCHED TO MACAFE

No comments:

Post a Comment