Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How do I download McAfee antivirus from the internet to my computer without getting a virus in the p

I just reformatted this computer because of a virus. Now I need to download antivirus software from the internet to protect it. I do not want to download any viruses in the process of trying to protect it. I heard to use the Windows firewall but don't know how or what to do. Are there alternatives? If so what and how do I do this?



How do I download McAfee antivirus from the internet to my computer without getting a virus in the process?virus scan



I have the same service with McAfee. Whenever I need to download it, I goto the comcast.net site to re-download it. I have never had a problem. Your windows firewall will work until you get McAfee all setup. No need to turn it off, unless you uninstall McAfee.



How do I download McAfee antivirus from the internet to my computer without getting a virus in the process?anti virus scan



free alternative get AVG Free Edition (not a trial)



they have daily updates.



www.grisoft.com
Use Kaspersky Anti Virus (http://www.kaspersky.com)



It is alot better and you can probably order it online
You need to order a CD or when your account is about to expire by a disk at a place like Wal Mart and us it to renew your account.
You don't you use freeware.



Anti-Virus



AVG



Spyware/Adware removal:



SUPERAntispyware



Ad-Aware 2007 Free



General cleanup remove cookies and more:



CCleaner



Firewall:



Pc Tools Firewall Plus



All free.



Available @ my blog.



http://internetsecurityandmaintenance.bl...



So many companies trying to make money by selling you products to keep your computer safe and clean, all of which are freely available.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment