Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I need help uninstalling an antivirus program?

im trying to uninstall the antivirus program i have on my computer because it is outdated and it won't let me scan anymore, and i have to uninstall it in order to put on a new security program on. The problem is, when I clicked uninstall, it took me to the INstallation set up. I don't want to end up with it twice? How can I be for sure that the program isn't on my computer anymore?



I need help uninstalling an antivirus program?best antivirus software



Dependin on the old anti-virus there is an order to removing it. If it is norton you need to install the main program first for to be unistalled.



I need help uninstalling an antivirus program?firewall



Unfortunately these kind of programs have to really enbedd themselves all over your system to do their job. The Mfr's realize that and at least norton and mcafee have a special utility that completely removes the product.



F-Prot has a page (link below) describing how to remove it through the registry. Good call going to norton. Whenever many of these off brands detect something, they still send you to Norton (SARC) to get the description and all. Another thing norton will do that many others don't is help correct the damage done by a virus, rather than simply removing the virus.



Good Luck!
read the dialog carefully and see if it isn't asking you to modify, repair, or remove the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment