Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How can I get Norton AntiVirus 2007 to work with Windows XP?

I've upgraded to Windows Service Pack 2 on my windows xp system...and now LiveUpdate on the Norton AntiVirus doesn't work. I've tried everything except re-install Norton. Any suggestions?



How can I get Norton AntiVirus 2007 to work with Windows XP?bmw



My suggestion and most pc magazine suggestions are the same.... get rid of the Norton antivirus bloat ware resource hog and download a free version of AVG Antivirus. Everytime they do a test it finds more viruses, does not cost anything , is easier to use, doesn't run 5 different programs in the background and will not bug you that your subscription is going to be up in 5 months 3 times a day . I've been using it for 2 years now and have not had one virus and I go on Limewire, adult sites and you name it .... my computer is clean as a whistle. Add a free copy of Zone Alarm firewall to the mix and you are in good hands . tha Norton and McAfee is good for one thing ... preloaded crapware that they can only give away with dells and HP's . They are as bad and worthless as AOL and that is a fact .



How can I get Norton AntiVirus 2007 to work with Windows XP?free adware remover



I agree with the people above .... Norton and Mcafee can make a fast computer slow. AVG works great for me and never had a problem with it . You should really say no to Norton .... it is an expensive BUG that does less then the free ones. And I also use Zone Alarm for my firewall, make sure you turn off the Windows one first though . Good luck !
Winsp2 has the windows security center which contains the windows firewall, that is what is blocking your live update. If you have the Norton Internet security with your anti virus then just turn off the windows fire wall because they tend to clash each other, if not you can go into the windows fire wall and make and exception for the live update so the windows fire wall wont block it. Ive got Norton Internet security and anti virus and Ive turned off my windows firewall, Ive had it this way for years and haven't had any problems whatsoever.



Best of luck
You cant it's junk, run this tool and remove it from your PC: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsg...



Then install a diff anti-virus, like this: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl...

No comments:

Post a Comment