Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Which all-in-one antivirus do you recommend?

Hi all, new here. :)



I'm just wondering what antivirus people recommend. Need to update mine soon so need some suggestions.



I'm currently using Norton, quite a drain on the CPU so unless the new one is lighter, I won't be going near them again. :p



But I am interested in Norton 360 as it's all-inclusive, had a look at their site and there doesn't seem to be a year on it, yet I know it's been around for a while. Does it stay updated forever? :S



Any help would be appreciated, thanks!



Which all-in-one antivirus do you recommend?internet security 2006



Free vs. Commercial packages...For Virus and Malware protection, go with commercial every time. I want the programmers to get paid for what amounts to a lot of work to produce and maintain current protection against an ever changing threat landscape.



We use F-Secure for all our clients. The full suite will provide Antivirus protection, Firewall Security, Malware/Spyware protection, and more.



You can go to the link below and download a trial version of the package to test on your machine before you purchase it outright. I believe it's a 30 or 45 day trial, sufficient to test and acquire the full package.



There is also a free online scanner that F-Secure hosts that helps get our clients out of trouble when we get that first call saying "I've been infected...should I install a virus program?" We start that scan remotely, acquire the package for them, then go onsite and set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment