Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I have eliminated the 'antivirus', but how to I reset my desktop background?

I was able to remove all files associated with the xp antivirus 2008 worm, but the desktop background just shows up white. I can see all the programs and everything seems to be running properly, however the desktop still acts like a webpage button. If you click anywhere on the desktop it attempt to activate a webpage and gives an error message that the path no longer exists within the directory. I just want to know how to reset the desktop back to the factory settings to eliminate this "button".



I have eliminated the 'antivirus', but how to I reset my desktop background?spyware



My suggestion to you is that you first run this the free version of Superantispyware as you may have spyware plus fragments of the virus left in your system. Download the free version at: http://www.superantispyware.com This software I use and is well known to find what all other miss or unable to delete. Update and run an indepth scan. Recommend you reboot after, to be on the safe side.



Minddoctor, France

No comments:

Post a Comment