Saturday, June 19, 2010

Must I disable my antivirus program to download a driver?

I need to download a driver for a scanner I bought. The site www.mustek.com says that I need to disable my antivrus program and firewall or that the new files may be corrupted. Is this a usual procedure when downloading a driver? What happens if I don't disable the antivirus program? Also, how do I disable the program temporarily?



Must I disable my antivirus program to download a driver?spyware remover



This sort of thing happens all the time and do disable my antivirus progam. I donr knw what antovirus program you are useing but basicly you can just right click on your ativirus in your tool tray and select disable.i am useing AVG and my disableing option says quit.



Once you have compleated your download dont forget to reinable your antvirus program.



Good luck



Must I disable my antivirus program to download a driver?virus removal



I've gotten that before when downloading video card drivers and never bothered... It turned out fine. I would say don't worry about it.



Wouldn't hurt anything to do it though, I mean there has to be a reason why they say that?! Maybe it happened to someone once...



Usually you can go down to your system tray in the lower right,. If you hover over an icon is should say the title of the program. Then you can right click on your anti virus and there should be an option to quit. If not, you can just do the "control-alt-delete" and end it through there.
This is a strange question as you normally don't have to disable anti-virus to download a driver. Try rebooting your computer or check if you have a virus screwing things up. If your running windows vista you could have some problems since vista always has bugs. But just to be sure, check your firewall to see if it's blocking the current problem. Disabling the anti virus makes you more vulnerable to threats but could resolve the problem. Usually there is an option on the antivirus to disable it. I'm not exactly sure how to disable a program temporarily but you could search it up on Google

No comments:

Post a Comment