Saturday, June 19, 2010

After instalation of narton antivirus can not share my system with LAN?

i have Windows xp, SP2-recently i have installed the norton antivirus, after the instalation my system could not shared with other computer, but net work is working is working properly and pinging-so how to confiqure the net work in NAV or system my ip address in lan is 192.168.0.9 (i can not change this because that is used for our Tally sofware)



After instalation of narton antivirus can not share my system with LAN?computers



Check in the Norton Antivirus option for firewall disable it if present !



Secondly disable firewall in windows XP



Thirdly enable option File Sharing options by right clicking My network and selecting it



Most importantly login as administrator



After instalation of narton antivirus can not share my system with LAN?hijack this



NAV shouldn't stop that.



Are you using XP Professional? If yes, do this:



Open My Computer. Go to Tools %26gt; Folder Options.



Select the View tab. Scroll all the way down and uncheck (untick) this box: Use simple file sharing (recommended)



Click OK.



Also, does the copy of NAV comes with firewall? If yes, you need to tell the firewall to allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment